Official SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin v4 has arrived - A complete plugin rebuild developed and maintained by SuiteCRM developers entirely from scratch, the addon retains previous functionality while massively improves performance, reliability and stability!
If you’re the System Administrator setting up the Outlook integration for the first time, the first thing you’ll need to do is install the Outlook Plugin in your SuiteCRM instance. If you are a user of the Plugin, go to the User Guide instead.
Follow these steps to install the Outlook Plugin on your SuiteCRM instance:
- Navigate to the “Module Loader” section within the Admin panel.
- Choose the Outlook zip file you downloaded and upload it using the Upload Button.
- Click on Install next to the newly uploaded package and accept the Terms & Conditions if asked.
- Once you’ve done this it is recommended that you run a Quick Repair and Rebuild on the instance.
- Navigate to the newly added “SuiteCRM Outlook Add-in” within the “Admin” panel, populate your Licence Key and click on “Validate”.
6. If you wish to use the Auto-Archive functionality then you will need to be using Azure already. If you are only going to be archiving manually then you can skip to step 8. Otherwise, you will need to populate the Tenant ID and Client ID fields. These values can be taken from a valid Office 365 account, in the Azure portal. Then for each User that wishes to utilise Auto-Archiving, follow the steps in section 4. Automatic Archiving.
7. Within the “SuiteCRM Outlook Add-in” section, click “Download Manifest”.
This will provide you with an XML file. This file will be used in Outlook to connect to the CRM, and is generated with values specific to your instance.
8. Navigate to the Admin Panel, then the “OAuth2 Clients and Tokens” panel.
From here click New Password Client. Give the key a Name such as “Outlook Password Client” and enter a memorable Secret/password in the Change secret field.
Note: Common issues may stem from incomplete setup of API, for debugging see documentation
9. Navigate to Outlook, and log in.
10. Select any Email and open the Actions for that Email. You should see a “Get Add-Ins” option, click on that.
11. Navigate to “My add-ins” and click on “Add a custom add-in”.
12. Select to “Add from file…” and select the manifest XML file that you downloaded from SuiteCRM earlier. Upload this and the SuiteCRM Plugin will be added as a new Add-In.
13. Assuming that the Manifest is correctly pointing to the appropriate set-up CRM instance, the Add-In should now be available when expanding the Actions menu on an Email.
14. Before moving on, while viewing the Outlook settings in SuiteCRM, it’s also a good idea to scroll to the bottom of the page and expand the “Outlook Users” subpanel. From here, click on the “Select” button and select your User from the pop-up that appears.
Authenticating the Plugin
- Ensure the most recent, appropriate, SuiteCRM Add-In is currently installed (see Package Install). And that you have a Password Client set up (step 9 above). If you’ve done this, then you can skip to step 4 below.
- Prior to authentication, you will need a valid Client set up in the CRM, of “Password” type. Ensure this is done before proceeding (step 9 above).
- After creating a Password Client, navigate back to Outlook and log in.
- Expand the actions on an Email, and select the new SuiteCRM Plugin from the menu.
This will open a new panel, with Authentication and Archive panels.
- Expand the “Authentication” panel.
- Populate the fields as follows:
Suite Host URL → The URL of the CRM instance that you wish to connect Outlook with.
Username → Your SuiteCRM Username
Password → Password for that CRM user.
Client ID → When you created your Password Client earlier, the “ID” field would be populated in the CRM. Copy-paste this value into Client ID
Client Secret → The memorable Secret/password entered for said Password Client you set up.
- Once all values are correctly entered, click “Submit”.
If correct, the panel will update to a green box that details “Authentication Successful”
Also, a “Log Out” button will be shown.
Note: If you skipped Step 15 from above, you may see a message telling you that this User isn’t licensed. If this happens then make sure to give your User access to the Plugin by following the instructions in Step 15.
Licensed Users - CRM Settings
Before your Users can use the Plugin they need to be set up as Licensed Users. Users who aren’t licensed will not be able to use any of the features of the Plugin. To set up a User as a licensed User follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “SuiteCRM Outlook Add-in” section in the Admin panel of the CRM.
- If you have not validated your License Key yet, do this now.
- When successfully validated, you will be able to add Users through the “Outlook Users” subpanel. You can click on the “Select” button to launch the pop-up through which Users can be added.
(Any Users in the “Outlook Users” subpanel will be treated as “Licensed” users.)
Note: Users configured as licensed should have a valid Outlook email address associated with them.
Automatic Archiving Setup
You will need to be a System Administrator User to set this up for each User. If you want to have emails from certain Outlook folders automatically synchronised with SuiteCRM then you also need to bee using Azure with Office365. If you are then you can setup SuiteCRM to do this automatic synchronisation with the steps below:
Note: This will only work if you have carried out step 7 in the Package Install instructions.
- Navigate to the User that you’re setting up through the Users module. Click on “Edit”.
- Go to the “Outlook Sync Settings” tab.
- Select the folders you would like to synchronise from the “Synced Folders” list and check the “Enable Outlook Sync” checkbox.
- Click on Save.
Emails from the selected folders in that User’s account will now be automatically synchronised into SuiteCRM.
Other add-ons of interest
Glances - Integrate All Your Applications
Accomplish More Every Day. Spend your time on getting things done, not on finding information. Glances securely connects all of your apps and provides a simplified view of the data you need right when you need it, in real time.
Outlook 365 and SuiteCRM Integration
Make life easier by reducing the need to flip between apps. If you are using Outlook Web App, Outlook 2013, or Outlook 2016 connected to Office365 or Exchange Server 2013 then be sure to take advantage of this email and contact synchronization add-on. Smartly links emails to your SuiteCRM records an...
SuiteCRM Enterprise-Class Outlook Plugin
Implicit FrontEnd is an Enterprise-Class Outlook integration solution which enables users to do all their CRM work from within Outlook. By offering a truly exceptional depth and breadth of integration with Outlook, Implicit FrontEnd increases productivity and CRM utilization by facilitating data ent...