Control what your users can access and save time, money, and frustrations. Lock down sensitive data in SuiteCRM to specific groups or teams. Supports unlimited assigned users, unlimited group assignments to records, custom layouts for each group, login/sudo capabilities and much more.
Been on SecuritySuite for awhile now and need it to run faster? Here are a few things try:
Remove all of the deleted records in securitygroups_records.
delete from securitygroups_records where deleted = 1;
Then delete duplicates
delete r from securitygroups_records r inner join securitygroups_records r2 on r.module = r2.module and r.record_id = r2.record_id and r2.deleted = 0 and r.id <> r2.id and r.date_modified > r2.date_modified where r.deleted = 0;
Alternative Query Method
Depending on the database engine, it may be beneficial to enable an option to use a different query method. To try this add the following to your config_override.php:
$sugar_config['securitysuite_use_exists_query'] = true;
You can find records with many groups associated to it with (change table/count as desired):
select m.name, count(1) from meetings m inner join securitygroups_records r on m.id = r.record_id and r.module = 'Meetings' and r.deleted = 0 group by r.id having count(r.id) > 2;
Some other things to try:
1) Upgrade to at least MySQL 5.5 if you haven't already (200-360% performance boost).
2) Reassess how groups are being used
3) Make sure InnoDB is being used as the db engine
4) Disable list count queries in SuiteCRM
5) Reassess and apply tuner recommendations (https://github.com/rackerhacker/MySQLTuner-perl)
6) Optimize MySQL tables (mysqlcheck)
7) See if it's a specific module: select module, count(*) from securitygroups_records group by module;
8) Defrag the securitygroups_records table (after doing deletes):
ALTER TABLE securitygroups_records ENGINE=INNODB; OPTIMIZE TABLE securitygroups_records;
Other add-ons of interest
Glances - Integrate All Your Applications
Accomplish More Every Day. Spend your time on getting things done, not on finding information. Glances securely connects all of your apps and provides a simplified view of the data you need right when you need it, in real time.
Be explicit about which users have access to each specific dashlet. Enable or disable dashlets for certain types of users regardless of what their permissions are to that module. Gives finer control over the data available to a user from the home page dashboard.