Be explicit about which users have access to each specific dashlet. Enable or disable dashlets for certain types of users regardless of what their permissions are to that module. Gives finer control over the data available to a user from the home page dashboard.
Dashlets and Roles Plugin Documentation
This plugin adds the flexibilty to hide or show a dashlet to user based on explicit permissions to a dashlet, not just on their permissions to a module.
This plugin allow users to disable dashlets on the basis of particular roles.Users can easily disable dashlets by checking the checkbox from disable dashlet panel in Administration.
Key Product Features
Dashlets and Roles works for custom module dashlets and custom dashlet also.
- Disable dashlets from Admin Panel. It includes custom dashlets also .
- All the dashlets and Roles created in the system ,will be listed in Dashlet Configuration panel.
- On checking checkbox ,particular dashlet will be disabled for particular role.
- By Unchecking checkbox ,Dashlet will get enabled.
- Save it.
- Now logged in form that particular user,to which assigned role is assigned.
- User will not be able to see dashlet in home screen or add dashlet panel.
Below are some screenshots related to this plugin.
Admin Panel view of Dashlet and Role Plugin
Dashlets and Roles configuration Screen
Create User from User Management
Create Role from Role Management
Assign Roles to that particular User
Repair Roles from Admin
View of Dashlets and Roles on Dashlet and Role Configuration Screen
](https://store.suitecrm.com/assets/img/addonassets/dashlet-roles/Repair%20Roles%20from%20Admin.png "Repair Roles from Admin.png")
Logout from Admin and Login by that Username and password which is created by Admin
Click Action Button on Home Page
Click on Add Dashlets Button User can see all dashlets are enabled for every roles
Scenario : User wants to disable My Closed Opportunities on the basis of assigned Roles
- Logout from normal user.
- Login from admin.
- Go to dashlet Role configuration Setting in Admin panel
- Check My Closed Opportunities dashlet for that particular Role
- Click Save.
-Log out from admin
-Login from Norrmal User to whom Role is assigned.
-Go to Dashlet HomePage
My Closed Opportunity is disabled for User.
Other add-ons of interest
Glances - Integrate All Your Applications
Accomplish More Every Day. Spend your time on getting things done, not on finding information. Glances securely connects all of your apps and provides a simplified view of the data you need right when you need it, in real time.
Dashboard Copy Manager
Administrators can copy dashboards from any user to any number of users, security groups, or roles. Save time logging in as individual users to set up their dashboards.