Multi Entry Text Field
There are a number of locations within a CRM where you would like to be able to store multiple entries that pertain to a single item of data e.g. Contacts can have multiple email addresses. Email addresses is a field within Suite/Sugar where that requirement is addressed, but what about multiple names that a Contact may be known by? Phone numbers that they can be contacted at? Different names that businesses can be known by? The Multi entry text field addresses this issue and allows you to create fields that can have multiple entries related to the underlying data field. It also allows you to 'tag' each entry as Preferred and/or DNU (DO NOT USE)
PLEASE NOTE the field DOES NOT allow inline editing. To turn inline editing off completely do the following:
- Navigate to /custom/Extension/modules/<the name of the module you've created the custom field in>/Ext/Vardefs. Open the file that is relevant to the new field/s you have created.
- Add the following line to the file $dictionary['your_module_name_here']['fields']['your_fields_name_here']['inline_edit']=false;
- Save the file, run an Admin QRR to implement the changes
Multi Entry Text Field Edit View
To create a new field do the following:
- Login to your implementation of Suite/Sugar
- Navigate to the Admin -> Studio interface
- Locate the module you would like to add the new field to
- Add a NEW field of type Extended Text field
MULTI ENTRY field option in Studio
As part of the installable package we have added the ability for you to turn ANY text field into a Mass Update field. At the moment it is a bit complex to create Mass Update text fields and the process is NOT upgrade safe, this implementation is...
MASS UPDATE text field option in Studio
MASS UPDATE text field in Contacts module
Other add-ons of interest
Sapiens.BI Basic - Analytic Reporting
Dynamic Reports and Interactive Charts.
Powerful tool for SuiteCRM report creation and data analytics. Includes a variety of chart types, detailed, summary and pivot tables. This Reporting Tool is for anyone, no need for technical knowledge or SQL. Comes with over a hundred prebuilt reports.