Kanban is a visual system for managing work as it moves through a process. Now your business can quickly see visuals of sales funnel stages and other day-to-day functions for tasks, cases, invoices and custom modules while working in SuiteCRM.
Kanban boards have the unique advantage of making it easy to visualize and manage the day-to-day work in progress. Drag-and-drop is a core feature in any Kanban tool. When a user moves a card from one column to another, the status updates automatically. With the drag-and-drop feature, moving to the next stage of the business process is as easy as a single mouse move.
Kanban is a visual system for managing work as it moves through a process. Kanban visualizes both the process (the workflow) and the actual work passing through that process.
With Kanban Views, your business has the following advantages:
- Kanban is a great tool to have a clearer picture of how things are going in general.
- Users can configure what stages they want to have on the Kanban board and what stages are final for the process.
- An administrator can create Kanban boards for all users. Users can modify Kanban boards for their own use and add private Kanban boards.
- Drag-and-drop is a core feature in any Kanban tool. When a user moves a card from one column to another the status updates automatically. With the drag-and-drop feature, moving to the next stage of the business process is as easy as a single mouse move.
For using this, you should have Administrator access to the CRM. Access the Admin panel.
Find and click the Kanban from the Admin panel.
Supports All CRM Modules
You can work with any SuiteCRM module in a Kanban view. The only requirement is to have at least one dropdown list in that module. This dropdown list is used to group cards (i.e. module records) into Kanban columns.
Users can have as many Kanban boards as they need. It is possible to have different Kanban boards for one module with different columns against selected “field.”
Display as Column
Column values automatically populate, on the bases of the value you selected in “fields.”
- If you select one or multiple column values, it will display accordingly in the board.
- If you do not select one of them, it will display all columns.
Content fields get all the field labels on behalf of the module you selected. Now you are able to see the desired data you want to see in a Kanban board. Select one or multiple fields.
Display in Menu
Only admin have access to this feature while creating a Kanban view for a module. It will display in the menu of the respective module and is a short way to access the Kanban board directly from the menu bar for both admin and a regular user, only when clicking on the checkbox.
This allows you to specify restrictive criteria so that only the records matching all these conditions will be affected on the Kanban board.
Aggregation function allows rows to be grouped together to form a single summary value.
Aggregation function applies to all numeric and alphanumeric fields in Kanban.
Aggregation function works on all modules.
- Count = Calculates card numbers (how many cards are available in a list?)
- Sum = Calculates sum of the amount of all the cards within the list.
- Avg = Calculates average value of the amount of all the cards within the list.
- Min = Calculates minimum value of the amount of all the cards within the list.
- Max = Calculates maximum value of the amount of all the cards within the list.
A board represents a place to keep track of information. It's where the user can visualize and manage the day-to-day 'work in progress'.
Lists keep cards organized in their various stages of progress. They can be used to create a workflow where cards are moved across lists from start to finish, or simply act as a place to keep track of ideas and information. You can arrange them however you like.
Cards can be customized to hold a wide variety of useful information. By clicking on them, it displays more information about the description. Drag and drop cards across lists to show progress.
- Go to Admin
- Click on “Module Configuration”
One important feature is where the user can display and hide modules in Kanban View via drag and drop from “Active Module” to “Disable Module,” “Disable Module” to “Active Module.”
Other add-ons of interest
Analytic Reporting Tool Basic
Dynamic Reports and Interactive Charts.
Powerful tool for SuiteCRM report creation and data analytics. Includes a variety of chart types, detailed, summary and pivot tables. This Reporting Tool is for anyone, no need for technical knowledge or SQL. Comes with over a hundred prebuilt reports.